Yay for cheap gifts! Back by the overwhelming demand of anonymous internet searchers (who are already far ahead of their holiday gift planning than I am!), here’s our list of no fewer than 53 inexpensive holiday gift ideas!
Got an idea that’s not on this list? Please share it in a comment.
For even more gift ideas, check out our 2013 holiday gift guide, with ideas ranging from under $50 to the $100 range. Or for more affordable gift ideas, check out alternatives to store bought Christmas presents.
53 INEXPENSIVE GIFTS
1. Potted plant
2. A painting or photograph in a a nice picture frame
3. A scrapbook of photos/memories with the gift recipient
4. Hat, mittens, or scarves
5. A loaf of homemade bread
6. Great for a couple: Free movie rental coupons and a box of popcorn
7. A mix CD or $10 iTunes card
8. Nice stationary, a quality pen, and a few stamps
9. A journal with a personal note
10. A coffee or tea mug with a bag of coffee or box of tea
11. A nuts and trail mix gift bag
12. A gift bag or basket of gourmet chocolate truffles or bars
14. For her: A makeup bag and a cosmetic product or two
15. A few of the recipients’ favorite magazines
16. Board games
17. A nice vase or jar filled with candy
18. Decorative recipe cards with a few of your best recopies filled in
19. For her: A great shade of nail polish, cotton, and remover
20. For pet lovers: A box of pet treats and a pet toy
21. A great cookbook
22. A travel guidebook for an upcoming vacation
23. Nice socks
24. Colorful post-it notes
25. An action figure (for adults too, they make great desk decorations)
26. A kitchen tool or two (think can opener, cheese slicer, potato peeler, etc.)
27. A decorative bookmark (could be homemade, and free!)
28. Water bottles
29. Scented candles
30. Costume jewelry
31. Photo album
32. A small flashlight
33. Homemade cookies
34. Small gardening tools
35. Travel size toiletries
36. Winter skin care kit (small lip balm, hand lotion, etc.)
37. Christmas tree ornament
38. A six pack of a specialty beer
39. A good $10 bottle of wine (plenty abound)
40. A small die-cast car
(again, great desk items for adults, too!)
41. A USB thumb drive
43. Bottle of nice olive oil
45. Bubble bath or bath oils, or a nice soap
46. A handful of nips of quality whiskeys
47. Travel pillow
48. Wallet (with your photo pre-loaded!)
49. Pancake mix and maple syrup
50. A collection of nice hot chocolate mixes (plus a mug and marshmallows?)
52. Creative key chain
53. A $50 savings bond (at a cost of $25). Okay, $25 is pushing the envelope of “cheap”, but what a great gift!
What’s your favorite cheap or free gift idea? Please share!
Earn and save more with our free course:
Join over 15,537 other young professionals. Get our best money hacks to get out of debt by 30, increase your income this year and invest for financial freedom.
100% free! I will NOT spam you and I will NOT share your email.