Yay for cheap gifts! Back by the overwhelming demand of anonymous internet searchers (who are already far ahead of their holiday gift planning than I am!), here’s our list of no fewer than 53 inexpensive holiday gift ideas!
Got an idea that’s not on this list? Please share it in a comment.
For even more gift ideas, check out our 2013 holiday gift guide, with ideas ranging from under $50 to the $100 range. Or for more affordable gift ideas, check out alternatives to store bought Christmas presents.
53 INEXPENSIVE GIFTS
1. Potted plant
2. A painting or photograph in a a nice picture frame
3. A scrapbook of photos/memories with the gift recipient
4. Hat, mittens, or scarves
5. A loaf of homemade bread
6. Great for a couple: Free movie rental coupons and a box of popcorn
7. A mix CD or $10 iTunes card
8. Nice stationary, a quality pen, and a few stamps
9. A journal with a personal note
10. A coffee or tea mug with a bag of coffee or box of tea
11. A nuts and trail mix gift bag
12. A gift bag or basket of gourmet chocolate truffles or bars
14. For her: A makeup bag and a cosmetic product or two
15. A few of the recipients’ favorite magazines
16. Board games
17. A nice vase or jar filled with candy
18. Decorative recipe cards with a few of your best recopies filled in
19. For her: A great shade of nail polish, cotton, and remover
20. For pet lovers: A box of pet treats and a pet toy
21. A great cookbook
22. A travel guidebook for an upcoming vacation
23. Nice socks
24. Colorful post-it notes
25. An action figure (for adults too, they make great desk decorations)
26. A kitchen tool or two (think can opener, cheese slicer, potato peeler, etc.)
27. A decorative bookmark (could be homemade, and free!)
28. Water bottles
29. Scented candles
30. Costume jewelry
31. Photo album
32. A small flashlight
33. Homemade cookies
34. Small gardening tools
35. Travel size toiletries
36. Winter skin care kit (small lip balm, hand lotion, etc.)
37. Christmas tree ornament
38. A six pack of a specialty beer
39. A good $10 bottle of wine (plenty abound)
40. A small die-cast car
(again, great desk items for adults, too!)
41. A USB thumb drive
43. Bottle of nice olive oil
45. Bubble bath or bath oils, or a nice soap
46. A handful of nips of quality whiskeys
47. Travel pillow
48. Wallet (with your photo pre-loaded!)
49. Pancake mix and maple syrup
50. A collection of nice hot chocolate mixes (plus a mug and marshmallows?)
52. Creative key chain
53. A $50 savings bond (at a cost of $25). Okay, $25 is pushing the envelope of “cheap”, but what a great gift!
What’s your favorite cheap or free gift idea? Please share!
Want FREE help eliminating debt & saving your first (or next) $100,000?
Money Under 30 has everything you need to know about money, written by real people who've been there. Enter your email to receive our free weekly newsletter and MoneySchool, our free 7-day course that will help you make immediate progress on whatever money challenge you're facing right now.
We'll never spam you and offer one-click unsubscribe, always.