With all the great personal finance blogs available, you might think the last thing the Web needs is another list of money rules written by some nerd trying to change his spending habits. Maybe you’re right, but here are my Six Simple Laws of Personal Finance Under 30 anyway.
They’re for myself and for everybody else out there struggling to get ahead. They’re simple, they’re blunt, and they’re aggressive. I still break them from time to time, but I’m working on it.
1. Spend much less than you earn.
2. Do whatever it takes to get out of debt.
3. Put your savings accounts on autopilot.
4. Give back.
5. Set goals, and discover what it will take to get there.
6. Improve yourself, improve your earnings, improve your life. Never settle.