Contactless payment apps make spending easier, faster and potentially more rewarding—but you still have to decide which cards to use on the apps.
The best credit cards for Apple Pay and Google Pay are going to be the ones that make it easiest to earn the most points at brick-and-mortar stores, where contactless payment takes place.
Here is the top one to consider:
Big rotating rewards
What We Like:
Awesome $200 cash back bonus after spending $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Earn 5% cash back on travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards® and on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter, plus earn 1% on all other purchases.
0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 19.24% – 27.99%.
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. You can choose to receive a statement credit or direct deposit into most U.S. checking and savings accounts. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open!
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
- No annual fee - You won't have to pay an annual fee for all the great features that come with your Freedom FlexSM card
- Keep tabs on your credit health - Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more.
For shoppers looking to earn a relatively large cash back percentage on changing categories year round, the Chase Freedom Flex℠ is the way to go. A rotating rewards card, the Chase Freedom Flex℠ card has a 5% cash-back bonus category that switches every quarter with all other purchases earning a flat 1% back. But Chase Freedom Flex℠ has added even more cash back perks including 5% cash back on travel purchases when you book through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on dining, takeout, and drug store purchases.
Apple Pay and Google Pay users shouldn’t have a problem finding their required NFC terminals as most of the bonus categories are brick-and-mortar retailers—but there are a few stipulations to the 5% bonus.
First, to even earn bonus cash back, cardholders need to remember to put in the bonus categories each quarter via Chase’s website. (The process is relatively simply, taking less than a minute.) The other condition is that bonus cash back is capped at $1,500 in spending each quarter, though you’ll continue to earn the flat 1% back after that. For most people, the cap is still high enough to earn plenty of rewards.
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ also comes with a sign-up bonus of $200 after you spend $500 on purchases within the first three months from account opening. That’s joined by a 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months and 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months. There’s no annual fee.
I know – this is an enticing offer.
With Apple and Google pay becoming more popular, it’s important to choose credit cards that are the most compatible. Chase Freedom Flex℠ will be a great start and you’ll earn great rewards.