As a young entrepreneur, managing your business finances efficiently is essential for long-term success. Business credit cards offer business-specific perks including cashback on common business expenses, travel perks, and expense tracking tools. Whichever business credit card you choose, the most important thing to remember is to keep your business expenses separate from personal purchases.
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 business credit cards tailored to meet the needs of ambitious young entrepreneurs in 2023.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card – Best business credit card overall
- American Express Business Platinum Card® – Best business credit card for travel
- Capital One Spark® Cash for Business – Best cash back business credit card
- Discover it® Business Card – Best no annual fee business credit card
- Brex Card for Startups – Best for startups with funding
Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $8,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- Round-the-clock monitoring for unusual credit card purchases
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information.
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Member FDIC
|Annual Fee||Intro APR, Purchases||Intro APR, Balance Transfers||Regular APR||Credit Needed|
|$95||N/A||N/A||21.24% - 26.24% Variable||Good, Excellent|
The Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is a popular choice among young entrepreneurs due to its generous rewards and versatile benefits. New cardholders can earn a substantial welcome bonus after meeting the minimum spending requirement within the first few months. The card offers impressive rewards for various business expenses, such as advertising, travel, and shipping. Additionally, it provides valuable travel benefits, including trip cancellation insurance and primary car rental coverage.
American Express Business Platinum Card®
For young entrepreneurs who frequently travel for business, the American Express Business Platinum Card® is a powerful option. Although it comes with a higher annual fee, the benefits are well worth it. Cardholders enjoy access to exclusive airport lounges, complimentary hotel upgrades, and a significant annual travel credit. Furthermore, the Membership Rewards® program allows for flexible redemption options, including transferring points to airline and hotel partners.
Capital One Spark® Cash for Business
Simplicity and straightforward rewards make the Capital One Spark® Cash for Business card appealing to many young entrepreneurs. The card offers unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases, with no confusing categories to keep track of. The welcome bonus is substantial, and the card has no foreign transaction fees, making it ideal for international business travel. The cashback earned can be reinvested into the business or used to fuel personal financial goals.
Discover it® Business Card
For young entrepreneurs who prefer a business credit card with no annual fee, the Discover it® Business Card is an excellent option. This card offers a competitive cashback rewards program, with 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Moreover, the “Cashback Match” program doubles the cashback earned during the first year, effectively bringing the cashback rate to an impressive 3% on all purchases.
Brex Card for Startups
The Brex Card for Startups is designed explicitly for early-stage businesses and tech startups. Unlike traditional credit cards, Brex evaluates your business’s financial health and funding, rather than relying solely on personal credit scores. This approach allows young entrepreneurs with limited credit history to access higher credit limits and take advantage of rewards tailored to their needs. The card also provides unique benefits such as discounts on software tools and services commonly used by startups.
Choosing the right business credit card is a crucial decision for any young entrepreneur. Each of the cards mentioned above offers distinct benefits, ranging from travel perks and cashback rewards to startup-friendly features. Before applying for a business credit card, carefully consider your spending habits, business needs, and financial goals to determine which card aligns best with your entrepreneurial journey. Remember, responsible credit card usage can provide significant advantages and contribute to your business’s long-term financial success.