Unlimited 1.5% cash back, flexible redemptions, and no fees are what make this card shine. You can also take advantage of various travel perks and earn more rewards through Capital One Travel.
That said, this card isn’t the most competitive cash back credit card on the market. And for frequent travelers, other credit cards might be superior. Our review covers all the features of the Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit, as well as its pros and cons, so you can decide if it’s the right card for you.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Enjoy up to 6 months of complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards
- Cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- $0 Fraud Liability for unauthorized charges
|Intro APR, Purchases
|Intro APR, Balance Transfers
Overview of the Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit
- Best for: Cash back rewards while building your credit
- Sign-up bonus: None
- Cash back: Unlimited 1.5% cash back
- Introductory offer: None
- Balance transfer fee: Balance Transfer Fee applies to balances transferred at a promotional rate
- Cash advance fee: 5% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $5
Pros & Cons
- No annual fee — The Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit card doesn’t charge an annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fees — No foreign transaction fees makes this a trip-friendly card for frequent travelers.
- Redeem cash back at anytime — Some credit cards require earning $25 or more in cash back before you can redeem, but not with the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit.
- Variety of redemption options — Claim your cash back as check, statement credits, or gift cards for companies like Amazon, Best Buy, and Starbucks.
- Numerous travel-related perks from Capital One and Mastercard — Get price drop protection and price matching if you find a better price within 24 hours after booking.
- No introductory cash back bonus — Unfortunately, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit doesn’t come with a welcome bonus.
- No introductory 0% APR — You’ll jump straight into the standard APR with no introductory period.
- You can’t earn bonus cash back on certain categories — While the unlimited 1.5% cash back eliminates the hassle of tracking rotating categories, it also means there are no opportunities for bonus earnings.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit card from Capital One pays unlimited 1.5% cash back on everyday purchases. There isn’t a $200 cash bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening like with the regular Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, but you can earn 5% cash back when you shop through Capital One Travel, making this a robust cash back rewards card.
Cash back you accumulate doesn’t expire, and you can redeem it for any amount. This is a nice perk since some credit cards require you to earn $25 or more in cash back before you can redeem.
Redemption options include check, statement credits, or a variety of gift cards to companies like Best Buy and Starbucks. Capital One also lets you redeem cash back on Amazon and PayPal purchases. Overall, there are plenty of ways to redeem your earnings, so you’re not locked into one category.
Note that if you close your account, there isn’t a grace period for spending your cash back.
You don’t get a cash back bonus or intro APR rate with this credit card. This is one of the main downsides of the Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit card, but you only need good credit to apply, which helps make up for this downside.
This card comes with 30.74% (Variable) APR purchase rate. As mentioned, you don’t get an introductory 0% APR rate like some credit cards offer. See Rates & Fees.
Capital One determines your credit limit when it reviews your application and ability to pay. Your credit history, income, and other factors contribute to what your credit limit is.
The Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit doesn’t charge an annual fee, balance transfer fee, or foreign transaction fee.
However, other fees you can incur with this card include (See Rates & Fees.):
- Cash advances: 5% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $5
- Late payments: Up to $40
Since this is a Capital One credit card, you get several perks that are part of the Capital One ecosystem. Additionally, this credit card is currently issued under Mastercard, so you enjoy several benefits Mastercard provides to its cardholders, as well.
The main perks of the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit include:
- Capital One Shopping: This browser extension and app automatically applies coupons at checkout to help you save. You can also compare prices between merchants and earn shopping credits that are redeemable for numerous gift cards.
- 24-hour Travel Assistance Services: Get an emergency card replacement and cash advance if you lose your card.
- Extended warranty: Get up to two years in additional extended warranty coverage. Note that some categories, like vehicles, don’t qualify for additional extended warranty.
- $0 fraud liability: You don’t get charged for unauthorized charges if your card is lost or stolen.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit vs. Other Capital One Cards
Capital One VentureOne Rewards for Good Credit
- Cash back: Unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase and 5% through Capital One Travel
- Intro offer: None
- Annual fee: $0
- Foreign transaction fee: None ( See Rates & Fees.)
Capital One has a range of credit cards for those who are still building their credit. And if you’re an avid traveler, the Capital One VentureOne Rewards for Good Credit could be an excellent alternative to Quicksilver.
This card pays you miles instead of cash back for daily spending. And like the Quicksilver card, you earn bonus miles when you spend through Capital One Travel. The card is also issued under Mastercard, so you can enjoy a range of perks like Emergency Card Services and potential travel discounts.
If you’re not a frequent traveler, this isn’t the right card for you since 1.5% cash back is a better deal. But it’s another excellent credit card for anyone with good credit to consider.
» MORE: Read our full Capital One VentureOne Rewards for Good Credit review
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards for Good Credit
- Cash back: Unlimited 3% back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and grocery stores (excludes superstores like Walmart® and Target®), and 1% on all other purchases
- Intro offer: None
- Annual fee: $0
- Foreign transaction fee: None (See Rates & Fees.)
If you have good to excellent credit, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards for Good Credit is another alternative to consider. The intro cash bonus and 0% intro on purchases for 15 months are noticeable perks. Plus this card pays twice the cash back in certain categories, and you still get the 1% flat rate on all other purchases.
» MORE: Read our full Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards for Good Credit review
Should You Get the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit Card?
If you want a no-fee cash back credit card that offers flexible rewards, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit card is worth considering. The ability to earn 5% cash back by booking through Capital One Travel makes this card potentially more lucrative. Plus, you get a range of perks like MasterRental® Coverage* and Master RoadAssist® Service* thanks to Capital One and Mastercard. See Rates & Fees.
If you’re specifically seeking a credit card with cash and/or low APR welcome bonuses, this isn’t the card for you. But it’s an excellent cash back credit card for anyone still building their credit.
How to Apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit Card
You can apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit directly on Capital One’s website. You’ll need to provide your name, date of birth, and Social Security number since Capital One has to pull your credit bureau information.
If you’re building your credit, you don’t have to settle for a lackluster rewards credit card. Options like the Quicksilver Cash Rewards for Good Credit let you earn unlimited cash back, and you also get a range of benefits from Capital One and Mastercard. It might not pay the highest rates out of all credit cards or have intro bonuses, but it’s still an excellent starter credit card.