Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
Rating as of Feb. 26, 2018 based on a review of services March 16, 2023.
If you don’t have the excellent credit needed to score some of the bonuses other Capital One credit cards offer, consider the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card. It’s a terrific card for average credit and you can still earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases with a modest $39 annual fee.
1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as six months.
No foreign transaction fees and a modest $39 annual fee.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- No rotating categories or limits to how much you can earn, and cash back doesn't expire for the life of the account. It's that simple
- Be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as 6 months
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud Liability so that you won't be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Help strengthen your credit for the future with responsible card use
- Enjoy up to 6 months of complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- Monitor your credit score with CreditWise from Capital One. It's free for everyone
- Check out quickly and securely with a contactless card, without touching a terminal or handing your card to a cashier. Just hover your card over a contactless reader, wait for the confirmation, and you're all set
The Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is an excellent alternative for customers looking for a straightforward cash back program and low fees.
The card is aimed at applicants with good, but not excellent credit. It includes several introductory perks that make it a great pick.
However, with few bells and whistles and no bonus earn rates, the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card is ideally suited for users with varied spending habits who like to cover most of their expenses with their credit card.
- Average credit score: This card is ideal for users who have good but not excellent credit scores. For those with a score between 600-699, approved cardholders can take advantage of competitive earn rates and reliable cash back. If you’re unsure what your score is, check out our Credit Score Estimator Tool. Or check your credit score for free.
- Be considered for a higher credit line: After making your first six months’ payments on time, you might gain access to a bigger line of credit. This is thanks to the company’s Credit Steps program.
- High APR: Because this card is designed for customers with less than stellar credit, they only offer a single APR of 29.74% (Variable), which lands it near the upper end of the industry range. Make sure to pay your card off in full and on time to build your credit score and avoid paying this high APR.
- Low fees: Customers who prefer to avoid unnecessary expenses will enjoy the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card’s relatively low annual fees. You’ll be paying $39, which is not too much considering the simple and expansive cash rewards program.
- Unlimited earn rates: Although it doesn’t provide bonus earnings on special purchases, the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card awards an unlimited 1.5 percent earn rate on all purchases.
There’s a lot to know about this card. If you want to understand the intricacies of the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card, read on.
The Cash Rewards Program
If you’re looking for a no-frills earn rate and straightforward cash back plan, the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card delivers a great solution.
The card has a single earn rate of 1.5 percent on all purchases. Unlike many competitors, however, there is no limit on how much cash back you can earn for any period.
The company doesn’t offer an introductory bonus, as it is designed to help users boost their credit scores and practice financial responsibility. Moreover, there’s no need to worry about redeeming your cash rewards in a hurry, as they do not expire as long as your account is active. Furthermore, cardholders are also able to redeem cash back for any amount, at any time.
Interest Rates and Fees
This card truly shines for its low fees. Capital One charges a relatively low annual fee of $39, but few other fees outside a cash advance fee of 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3.
The Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card charges a single APR of 29.74% (Variable), which is based on the prime rate. This is slightly higher than many of its competitors. But we were happy that the company doesn’t include a penalty APR. This means they won’t raise your APR even if you’re late making payments. Cardholders should be aware that there is a penalty of up to $40 if you are late paying down statements.
In addition to the cash back earnings, the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card rewards customers with several added benefits.
Purchase Price Protection
The Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card provides price protection on purchases, paying out the difference in an items price should a customer locate a better deal on an item within 60 days of purchase.
If you’re the victim of fraud, you are also covered by $0 liability fraud coverage. You’re also instantly notified if there is any suspicious activity happening on your card. Cardholders can access account management features that include auto-payments for bills and utilities, account alerts, and personalized payment plans.Apply now
Pros & Cons
- Valuable Rewards on All Purchases — Earn 1.5% cash back on all purahases, with no limits.
- You Don't Need Perfect Credit — Only average credit needed to qualify for this card.
- Annual Fee — There's a $39 annual fee for this card.
- Costly Interest Charges — This card has a high standard interest rate.
Should You Get the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card?
Despite its lack of bonus earn rates, the Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card presents customers with an easy and reliable way to build a sizable cash back account.
With a flat and unlimited 1.5 percent cash back earn rate on all purchases made with the card, cardholders who regularly pay for a variety of items with credit can quickly accumulate savings.
Moreover, with a great variety of ancillary benefits and friendly introductory perks, new members can build up their personal finances and avoid expensive fees. Overall, this is a good solution for customers seeking a straightforward card with low fees and competitive interest rates.Apply now
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.